Friday, April 16, 2010

Mala: Deep Meditation (Interview on Resident Advisor)

I'm not trying to harp on about "this is the way it should be done, cut dubplates, da da da da da..." This isn't trying to be an ambassador for anybody. This is just how it works for me, and I guess how I'm trying to keep my sanity, and connect the way that people have always connected, because I think that technology seems to be taking people away from people.


I'm not trying to romanticise vinyl, but at the same time, I like... I don't that think everything should be available all the time just because it can be. Just doing something for the sake of doing it isn't doing it to do it, in my opinion.


For example, if a certain record label have a certain record coming out at a certain time, and they scratch backs of certain people at certain radio stations, then there's a probability that that record is gonna to get played. Some people might say that that's business, and that's fair enough. I don't really like business—I like music. For me, trying to get on this whole hype thing, for me that's like propaganda, and I'm not trying to deal with propaganda. I'm not trying to make people believe anything. I'm not trying to make people believe that this is a record that they need to buy, or that this is a record that they should hear. This is really just me expressing what it is I am or what I do, and the fact that people can connect with it and may go out and buy it and own it for themselves to listen to in their kind of comfort, I still to this day don't take it for granted.


Read it here.

No comments: