Tuesday, July 17, 2007

DOUR... a small report

Music:

Cinetmatic Orchestra was the best gig i saw
Autechre was fuckin great
Luke Vibert did a great job mixing all styles together
Wu-tang had some great beats but they really still dont know how to bring a show if you ask me
Kid 606, sickboy and rotator where good but the sound wasnt
Rjd2 was a bit of a disappointment, was expecting a solid dj set but didnt see one...
Grimelock did a great job spinning various 140bpm styles together
Skream his mixing skills approved alot, really enjoyed his set as far as i can remember
Wiley was nice to see
Loved Joe Nice his set, 5 pressure all the way
Venetian snares was great
Opgezwolle was too crowded
Nicole willis and the soul investigators was the best together with cinematic
Kentaro was nice, but he shouldnt have mixed the dnb...
Lefto surprised me alot, espacially the dnb he mixed, not good but surprising...
Amon Tobin was less good then 2 years back, but again he made me party like a fool
Dj shadow.... what happened to this guy? I partied when he was performing but still... This wasnt Shadow for me...
New-York Ska-Jazz Ensemble made me shake my ass off
Loved Clark his thing
Didnt see alot of 65daysofstatic, but enjoyed what i saw

The rest:

The festival was crowded but in my opinion still ok
Had a nice dive in the lake. Fresh, cold and probably dirty water on a 30 degrees hot day
Beautiful girls
Sweaty people
Bad sound in the Club Circuit Tent
No afterparty... a pitty but probably a good thing

Thats all i can say for know.
Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Notes on Dourreport:

65days was smashing and definitely in my top 3 of dourfestival, along with Amon Tobin whose show was musical earcandy. He takes styles like Drum 'n bass and Dubstep to a next level. I liked sunn o))) as well, they had a great overall concept, wich in my opinion was "To create an earthquake". Next up I liked The Notwist, their performance was great and they where having a good time themselves I think. Chris Clarke dissapointed me unfortunately, he didn't seem at ease on stage, though his performance at VK bateau biouel was fantastic. Venetian Snares dissapointed me as well, I expected more energy from him. Except for the ending wich was explosive. Otto Von Schirach was nasty in a very positive way, but there weren't enough people.